Nama Article 19th November 2017
Source: The Vision
Swami Papa Ramdas - POINTS FOR DAILY SADHANA
"God is within you. This is the central truth from which you have to start for knowing and realizing Him. You should feel that you are ever living and moving in His being and be aware of His presence with you always."
1. Making intense efforts to know the efficacy of Ram Nam chanting as a means to expand our love-circle outwardly, and to move towards Him internally.
2. Practising Nama Japa and stilling the mind before starting the activities of the day and before retiring to bed.
3. Keeping up regularity in all that we do.
4. Putting in efforts to feel the presence of God (as static aspect in the form of Awareness-Absolute inside, and the dynamic aspect in the form of Life-Force outside).
5. Bringing in additions to improve our Sadhana. (e.g.: Trying to identify the spiritual dimension in all objects, persons and circumstances; developing a positive attitude, etc.).
6. Striving to gain supremacy over our sense organs on the sense objects and thus enhancing the will-power (Vairagya).
7. Repeating daily affirmations (e.g.: "I am not alone, You are with me!"; "I am THAT and not this assemblage of five elements", etc.).
8. Establishing contact with the Indwelling Reality through daily inner dialogue (soliloquy) and writing letters (and tearing them up).
9. Practising excellence through total involvement in every action that is done, from the smallest to the biggest.
10. Self-monitoring to ascertain whether the dominance of 'Me' and 'Mine' is reducing.
"The world is indeed a school of experience. By continuous friction with it we learn where we stand and what we are."
Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare