Friday, December 9, 2011

I sit under the Kalpataru (wish fulfilling tree) of Sri Rama Whenever I desire any fruit I get it.

Nama Article 10th December 2011

 

Source: The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna

 

During the conversation they talk of Hanuman, the great bhakta. There is a picture of Hanuman on the wall of Thakur's room. Thakur says: See, the state of mind of Hanuman! He wants none of these: Wealth, honour, bodily comforts. He only longs for Bhagavan. When he was running away with Brahmastra (a heavenly weapon of the Brahma) taken from the crystalline pillar, Mandodari started showing him many kinds of fruits. She thought that tempted by fruits he might climb down and drop the weapon, but Hanuman could not be tricked. He said ­

 

Sri Rama, the Kalpataru (wish fulfilling tree)

Do I stand in need of fruits?

I have got the fruit that has made my life fruitful,

The tree of the fruit of liberation ­ Rama ­ is planted in my heart.

I sit under the Kalpataru (wish fulfilling tree) of Sri Rama

Whenever I desire any fruit I get it.

But you speak of the fruit; O woman, I am not bargaining for.

I go leaving the bitter fruit to you.

 

Thakur sings this very song. And again he goes into the same samadhi. Again his body is motionless, eyes fixed, and he sits still. He is seated the way as if a picture in the photograph. Only just now the bhaktas were laughing and making merry, now they are all gazing at this unique state of Thakur. It is for the second time that M. sees the state of samadhi. After some time a change comes in this state ­ his body is relaxed and a smile plays on his face. The senses begin to function again in a normal way. Shedding tears of joy from the corners of his eyes, he utters the name, "Rama!  Rama!"

 

Chant the Mahamantra Nama kirtan :

 

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

No comments: