Thursday, June 9, 2011

I spent all my energy and all my moments in life acquiring all of these possessions and wealth and now......I cannot get back even one moment

 

Alexander the Great, powerful warrior, powerful hero. He conquered practically half of the world and entered into the plains of Punjab. And then, as he was continuing his conquest into India, all of a sudden, he was struck by a deadly disease. Practically 60% of his army was struck by that disease. And that disease was Malaria. And he was telling his doctors, "Help me. Save me." But they could not do anything. And in fact, it is described that what most of the armies in the world could not do, the Indian mosquitoes did prevented Alexander from going ahead. And this fact is recorded in practically all the medical textbooks, which describe about Malaria.

 

And Alexander, such a powerful warrior, he was begging and pleading with the doctors. But they said, "Sorry, we're helpless. We can't do anything. We do not have a cure for it." And then finally, he just said, "I will give you half my kingdom O' doctor. But let me live for a few moments." And the doctor said, "Impossible." Then Alexander said, "I will give you practically the whole kingdom. I'll make you the king but give me just one more moment to live." And doctor said, "It is not in my control."

 

And Alexander said, "I spent all my energy and all my moments in life acquiring all of these possessions and wealth and now, at the end of life, I want to give all of that away. And I cannot get back even one moment. I invested all the moments of my life to gain all these things. Now, I want to give away all of these things and gain back just one moment. And that I am not able to do. Therefore, when you bury me, you bury me with both of my arms like this [gestures arms stretched out]. Held out, open." Why? "So that people can see that when he left, Alexander, he did not take anything with him."

 

Please check these: Excerpts from a discourse by our Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji

 

Only one who has spent this human life by Chanting the Name of the Lord can remain fearless of death; all the others will fear facing death!

 

Nothing we earn today would come with us to the final destination but only the Divine Name WILL

 

What is the use of tying a golden turban to a corpse (dead body) and decorating it on the chest with exquisite diamond ornaments?

 

If there is no life after physical death, we can lead a wanton life. But there is life after death, and unless…….

 

Smallest dharma is verily Chanting the Divine Name (Namakirtan) and ignorance ['ajnaana'] the worst fear

 

It helps you overcome the fear of cycle of birth and death

 

A lifespan of thousand years is but useless for one if he does not utter Krishna's name.

 

Much more valuble is the hour, consiously spent, in endeavouring for the highest good

 

Chant the Mahamantra Nama kirtan :

 

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

--------------------------------------------------------

http://namadwaar.org/home.php

No comments: