Nama Article 22nd October 2017
PRACTICAL SPIRITUALITY FOR BEGINNERS
HH Maharanyam Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji
1. Take food properly, but take sattvic food. Unnecessary and adamant fasting will lead to many diseases.
2. Take proper sleep and rest. Otherwise you will have neurological problems.
3. Don't imitate any saints or sadhaks.
4. Don't change your path for any cause or at any cost.
5. Don't get into notions or illusions
6. Be practical. Especially in your spiritual life.
7. Don't be idle. It will bring unnecessary negative things and weaken you.
8. Don't get influenced by others and their activities.
9. Purity, renunciation, chanting – are the backbone of a sadhak.
10. Try to control your emotions
11. Instead of lamenting, chant more
12. Avoid worldly pleasures and their company
13. Be clean always and be simple.
14. Mind your words and all of your activities.
15. Try to be alone if you don't find a real sadhu
16. Realisation is possible. At the same time, put it in your mind repeatedly that it is a very very long and sincere journey.
17. Be patient and calm
18. Don't analyse your mind often
19. Life on this earth is a small stop journey like any other journey. Nothing more than that.
20. Try to do all possible good things in all possible ways
21. Faith is the major wealth.
22. Don't lose your self confidence at any time.