Wednesday, March 11, 2015

One should practise Japa and meditation at regular times giving up idleness. In such matters one should keep up the practice with unyielding resolution.

Nama Article 11th March  2015


Source: Teachings of Sri Sarada Devi, the Holy Mother

"One should practise Japa and meditation at regular times giving up idleness. While living at Dakshineswar I used to get up at 3 o'clock in the morning and practise Japa and meditation. One day I felt a little indisposed and left the bed rather late. The next day I woke up still late through laziness. Gradually I found that I did not feel inclined to get up early at all. Then I said to myself, 'Ah, at last I have fallen a victim to idleness.' Thereupon I began to force myself to get up early. Gradually I got back my former habit. In such matters one should keep up the practice with unyielding resolution."


Please check these: Excerpts from a discourse by our Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji

If you are unable to perform your stipulated count of Nama for the day, you should strive hard to make up for it in the following days

If you are not able to perform Nama Sankirtan, at least listen to Nama Sankirtan. Hear the Nama regularly or go and sit in a place where Nama is being chanted.

Do not worry. Stop analyzing yourself. Believe only in the grace of God. Have faith and take life as it comes. Keep chanting regularly. That will verily protect you.

A good family is a family which chants Nama regularly

The name of God is more powerful than the senses. It will become all right in time if you practise regularly.

Observe punctuality of time in your practice, take His name, and utter the mantra concentrating your mind with all your might


Chant the Mahamantra Nama kirtan :

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare


No comments: