Monday, September 21, 2009

I will not forsake the Name of the Lord.....if I did, I would be going against my Guru.......The Supreme Lord God, the Divinity of the divine...........assumed the form of the man-lion.........no one can know the Lord's limits

 

Sant Kabir

 

प्रहलाद पठाए पड़न साल ॥

Prahlaad was sent to school

संगि सखा बहु लीए बाल 

He took many of his friends along with him

मो कउ कहा पड़्हावसि आल जाल

He asked his teacher, "Why do you teach me about worldly affairs?

मेरी पटीआ लिखि देहु स्री गोपाल

Write the Name of the Dear Lord on my tablet

नही छोडउ रे बाबा राम नाम ॥

O Baba, I will not forsake the Name of the Lord.

मेरो अउर पड़्हन सिउ नही कामु ॥१॥

I will not bother with any other lessons

संडै मरकै कहिओ जाइ ॥

Sanda and Marka went to the king to complain

प्रहलाद बुलाए बेगि धाइ ॥

He sent for Prahlaad to come at once

तू राम कहन की छोडु बानि ॥

He said to him, "Stop uttering the Lord's Name

तुझु तुरतु छडाऊ मेरो कहिओ मानि ॥२॥

I shall release you at once, if you obey my words

मो कउ कहा सतावहु बार बार ॥

Prahlaad answered, "Why do you annoy me, over and over again?

प्रभि जल थल गिरि कीए पहार ॥

God created the water, land, hills and mountains.

इकु रामु न छोडउ गुरहि गारि ॥

I shall not forsake the One Lord Rama; if I did, I would be going against my Guru.

मो कउ घालि जारि भावै मारि डारि ॥३॥

You might as well throw me into the fire and kill me

काढि खड़गु कोपिओ रिसाइ ॥

The king became angry and drew his sword

तुझ राखनहारो मोहि बताइ ॥

Show me your protector now!

प्रभ थ्मभ ते निकसे कै बिसथार ॥

So God emerged out of the pillar, and assumed a mighty form

हरनाखसु छेदिओ नख बिदार ॥४॥

He killed Harnaakhash, tearing him apart with his nails

ओइ परम पुरख देवाधि देव ॥

The Supreme Lord God, the Divinity of the divine,

भगति हेति नरसिंघ भेव ॥

For the sake of His devotee, assumed the form of the man-lion.

कहि कबीर को लखै न पार ॥

Says Kabeer, no one can know the Lord's limits

प्रहलाद उधारे अनिक बार ॥५॥४॥

He saves His devotees like Prahlaad over and over again

 

Chant the Mahamantra Nama kirtan :

 

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare 
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

No comments: