Friday, June 26, 2009

The mind does not obey me; very well, I shall not obey the mind either; I shall continue to repeat the Lord’s Name.

Nama Article 26th June 2009

 

Anandamayi Ma

 

You say that the mind will not concentrate on the Name. What do you gain by feeling upset when your mind wanders here and there?

 

Rather reflect in this manner: "The mind does not obey me; very well, I shall not obey the mind either; I shall continue to repeat the Lord's Name."

 

Have you ever watched children flying kites? How ever high the kites rise up freely, yet they are limited by the length of the string to which they are tied.

 

The kite can be compared to the mind and the sense objects to the air.

 

Keep the mind tied by the string of God's Name; some day or the other it will become still.
 

Chant the Mahamantra Nama kirtan :

 

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

No comments: