Saturday, December 15, 2007

Bhakti Yoga is an easy path - Sri Ramakrishna

Nama Article 12th December 2007
 

Source: The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna

 

Bhakti Yoga is an easy path

 

May be a person or two can experience samadhi and get rid of their I-ness but usually the I-ness does not go. Jnana Yoga is very difficult. Jnana cannot be attained without ridding oneself of the conviction that I am the body. In the age of Kali life depends on food. The conviction that I am the body, the feeling of I-ness, does not disappear.

 

So, the path of Bhakti Yoga is enjoined for the age of Kali. Bhakti Yoga is an easy path. If you sing His names and glories, and pray to Him longingly from the core of your heart, you will attain Bhagavan ­ there is no doubt about it.

 

"It is like a line drawn on the surface of water rather than placing a bamboo stick on it. You find that the water has been divided into two parts, but this line does not last. The feeling of the 'servant-I' or the 'I of a bhakta,' or the 'I of a child' is only like a line drawn on water."

 

Chant the Mahamantra Nama kirtan  :

 

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

No comments: