Saturday, July 27, 2024

It is upto you to believe me; I do not want to engage in unnecessary debate. Because my Guru has given me his Name to chant incessantly

 Source : Madhuramurali English Edition

To be blessed with a comfortable human birth and the grace of the Guru who has come to ensure that he carries our baggage - absolutely sans any condition; can it get any better? Yes, it does.

The Guru also gives us his satsanga association. Satsang makes it so easy for us to remain focused on our pursuit towards God. Sri Swamiji would say, being in satsang is like traveling in a train. We just have to board the train (be a part of the satsang). After we board it, no effort is required from our end. We just need to sit there and enjoy the ride. It will take us to the destination.

Sri Oothukadu Venkata Kavi sings how beautifully the appearance of the Guru transformed his life, and made it satsang-filled and blissful.

"vambuLLa mAyaiyil piRandEn - guru vazhangum karuNaiyil siRandEn

nambinAl nambungal ennaiyE maRandEn,

nAn ini vINAna vAdatthil porundEn

nAvAra tArakamenum gurunAmamum uNDu,

rAmAyaNa bhAgavata pArAyaNam uNDu

AvAvena gurunAthanin aruLamudam kaNDukoNDu,

harinAma kathA goshaNa sambhAshaNa sadAnanda..."

Having been born in this illusive world, I was able to elevate myself due to my Guru's compassion. It is upto you to believe me; I do not want to engage in unnecessary debate. Because my Guru has given me his Name to chant incessantly, he has given me Ramayana and Bhagavatam to do parayanam of, he keeps blessing me with his nectarine upadeshas - thus filling my life with the eternal bliss of Hari

Nama, Hari Katha, Hari Ghoshana, and Hari Sambhashana.

Thus, Sri Swamiji, in the anupallavi of His Madhurageetham "nalla samayamidhai nazhuva viDAdhE", reminds us as to how the situation cannot get more opportune than this, and urges us to make the best use of it.

Chant the Mahamantra Nama kirtan : 

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

No comments: