Sunday, March 31, 2024

You were always thinking about Me, You were always chanting my name. I came to be here with you for sometime

 

Source : Madhuramurali English Edition


Temple Treasures: Archavatara Leela


She used to feed him everyday looking at his face and stomach, but, today she looked only at his face and thought, “No one can be equal to my Rangan’s beauty!” She had fed him one full pot of rice, then, the door opened and somebody came in. The grandmother turned to look who that was and she saw her grand son Rangan! She was surprised and turned to where she was feeding the little boy. There, she saw Thiruvarangan Himself!

Thiruvarangan in His divine voice said, “You were always thinking about Me, You were always chanting my name. I came to be here with you for sometime, till your grandson returned.”

“Ranga! I don’t know what I have done to get Your grace. But, I have done a sin by just feeding you with old rice and mAvaDu.” Listening to the grandmother’s lament, Thiruvarangan blessed them saying, “Your old rice and mAvaDu is my favorite food!” After blessing them both, Bhagavan disappeared.

Since this leela happened on the 3rd day of Panguni Adi Brahmothsavam, bhaktas at Sri Rangam who came to know of this, made Jeeyarpuram’s old fermented rice and mAvaDu as part of the Panguni Adi Brahmothsavamon the 3rd day. This old rice and mAvaDu utsavam has been happening since then.

This leela vaibhavam was performed by Thiruvarangan, who is the Archavathara roopam in Sri Rangam, for the sake of His devotee, Jeeyarpuram Lakshmi pAtti.


Chant the Mahamantra Nama kirtan :

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

 

No comments: